Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Centurio Quintus Sertorius Festus - Update #2

I always like to include a posting showing the project figures in their primed state. I think that taking the time to study a casting primed and ready to go not only helps to catch any missed areas that still need cleaning but also helps to fill the head with the small details. I like to formulate a plan of attack for every kit so that I can visualize the painting process and how I want to catch all of the details.
 


 
As in the past, I masked the areas of the casting that will be iron/steel/silvered so that I can work with the kit metal to achieve the most realistic effects possible. I use a typical liquid masking agent applied with a toothpick (easier to throw away than an expensive brush as you can never fully get the masking agent out of the brush.) in a thick coat for ease of removal after priming.
 
The road bed is A+B putty and the mile marker shown previously will be glued on the base after painting. A bit of static grass was glued around the gaps where the marker will go to give a bit of "age" to the ground, as well as a few loose leaves to put some seasonal color in the scene.


 
Lots of character and detail in this sculpt. I'm really looking forward to starting on this beauty tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment