Saturday, April 20, 2013

Soldiers Gunther von Schwarzburg - Update #7

Progress is very slow considering the amount of time I have spent working on the metal details. Getting everything fine tuned is a long process and there is still quite a ways to go here. I would love to have this one done for MFCA - who knows, maybe.
 

 
I have started on the sword, legs and belt as seen here. My technique makes me go dark to light, dark wash, light highlights. This is very aggravating at times as I constantly have to think about reflected light, reflected color, shadows and hot spots.

 
I am happy with my progress on the sword.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. It's coming along slowly (Too slowly).

      Jim

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! Very impressive work...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, very nice, subtle work there....

    Reminds me to keep lighting in mind also...

    Cheers
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete