Monday, January 16, 2012

Karl von Fasbender Update


As so often is the case, one finishes a piece only to find that a modification needs to be made due to faulty research. Such is the case with our friend here. In the course of researching the piece I utilized as one of my resources a plate in the Osprey Elite series book on German WW1 Generals. That plate showed what appeared to be a Navy Blue collar. After sending Ulrich the photos I was informed that the collar should have been green. In looking at the plate again I discovered that a written reference to the shoulder boards in the plate being green is in the back of the book but the appearance in the plate is of a blue edging. Obviously there was some sort of color shift in the printing process. Either way, I was forced to repaint the collar as seen here. Fun Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment