Friday, January 28, 2011

Something A Little Different - Sad Panda



As the title says, this is something a little different for a change. I decided a while back that I wanted to paint this great little mini from Dark Sword Miniatures. They have a wonderful line of masterfully sculpted 28mm minis including a line of figures based on the characters from George R. R. Martin's amazing Fantasy Novels. If you haven't ever seen their line, simply follow the link in my list of manufacturers (right hand sidebar). Fortunately I got one of these JUST before it became sold out.

The reasons for choosing this figure are two-fold. First I am painting it for my daughter who has a thing for Pandas. Secondly, somewhere along the way I acquired a nickname at work that has stuck with me over the years but varies from day to day depending on my ever-shifting moods - Sad Panda, Angry Panda, Happy Panda. So I thought it would be a good idea to paint this figure as a bit of change.

The groundwork is nothing more than sculpted putty, and there will be a little hat and bedroll that will be hung from the trunk. The mini is well sculpted and should be a fairly easy paint job as it progresses. Painting the groundwork took two evenings and once the figure is painted and permanently attached I will do a bit more shadow work around the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment