Sunday, August 22, 2010

Soldiers 54mm Roman Senator - Figure Prep

As I have begun to paint the base, my prep work turned to the figure. I normally wouldn't dedicate a post entirely to figure prep when so little effort was required on my part, however this figure really shows the quality of work that Mr. Laruccia is capable of creating. As stated earlier in my posts, this kit comes complete with four heads to choose from. They are believed to represent Caesar, Vespasian, Trajan and lastly Marcus Aurelius (the head that I chose). Each face is brilliant and each choice gives the modeler a variety of artistic visions for painting. The depth and crispness of the folds are extremely realistic and will be a challenge to paint no doubt. Besides the torso and head, the only other component is the left hand and document. Clean-up and assembly were very straight forward. I simply thought everyone would enjoy seeing the raw casting before I began to "mess it up" with paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment