Sunday, June 27, 2010

Michael Miniatures Austrian Uhlan Officer 1910


It's been a long time since my last post and to get things moving again I thought I would post a couple of status photos a week old from my latest project for Michael Miniatures. This is the newest bust, an Austrian Uhlan Officer, 1910 that can be completed to represent any one of the k.u.k. regiments 1-8 and 11-13 by use of the appropriate number badges included in the kit. This is another of the fine sculpts by Aaron Brown available in this great line of kits. These units were quite colorful and I am painting mine as requested in the colors of the 5th regiment represented in Mike's museum collection and shown in photos on the Michael Miniatures website. Stay tuned for more updates.
I started off slowly as I was having trouble getting just the right color blue for the jacket and was forced to paint it twice to get it right. The photo's look a bit brighter than real life but I feel certain that once I photograph the bust with a bit more paint on it later today that it will appear correct in pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment