Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Soldiers Roman Navarca Update #1


As of Christmas this is where I stood with this figure. As before the cloak and head are simply resting on the torso for the picture. I have kept them separate so that I can access the figure for painting. I used Winsor-Newton Indigo and Titanium white for the inside of the cloak as Indigo would be the only blue dye available to the Romans at that time. The face had some Payne's Gray used to indicate shadows in the areas where stubble would appear and Burnt Umber will be used next for the rest of the shadows. My next post will show a triptych of the face showing progress step by step. The shoes began with a mixture of Indian Red and Burnt Sienna as a base coat. I will apply a wash of Van-Dyke Brown and highlight with a dusty Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna and Tit. White mixture to indicate both highlights and wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment