Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Goodies in the Mail

I don't know how you feel but when I get a package with new figures it's a lot like Christmas morning for me. I've been waiting for three packages and the first arrived two days ago containing four new kits from Soldiers. All but one were sculpted by A. Laruccia, my favorite active sculptor, the other by Marco Lucchetti himself. All are from my favorite era and all are good buys.



The first is SMES-11 a Carthaginian Veteran & War Dog from the 2nd Punic War. This piece is very well designed and quite dramatically posed. I have read various reviews of the figure but prefer to take it as presented for now until I have done a bit more independent research on my own.



The next three include SR-46 the most recent release, being a Navarca at the Battle of Actium, 31 BC from Marc Antony's fleet. Not only is the figure nice but the included "groundwork" is quite useful. The second two figures (SK-01 and 2) are special releases from the Kulmbach show that can be found on Ebay from time to time if you are patient. SK-01 represents a Roman Soldier with the same war dog as found in the Carthaginian kit. Frankly I wanted this one more for the figure than the dog but I will probably do a bit of reposing with the dog so that they look different in the end. SK-2 is entitled "Saving the Eagle of Legio XIX" Teutoburg Forest, AD9 and is a nice little figure that ties into the book in my last posting. Although not a Laruccia figure this one is still nice and will paint up to be a nice companion figure to my eventual Pegaso diorama that I owe Chuck Robinson.

Now I just have to wait for the next two boxes of goodies to round out my fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment