Monday, November 23, 2009

Inspiration - Quest For The Lost Legions

I don't know if you are like me but I read a ton of books (usually one per week). I love reading books that give me insight into the subjects I am modelling as well as a bit of good escapist fun. This book is a really great combination of both as it is written by a gentleman who assisted in the discovery of the site of Varus's loss of three Roman Legions to Arminius in today's Germany. The book combines a telling of his discoveries in the field wrapped arouns his "vision" of the story of this disaster. The book is fairly well written and really drives me toward my ongoing work on the Pegaso group of figures representing the battle of the Teutoburg Vald. I also thought it was cool that the book had Time Machine's 54mm figures painted by Doug Cohen on the cover. Take this as a hint of what is coming On My Workbench.

No comments:

Post a Comment